[Discuss-gnuradio] "How to Write a Signal Processing Block" vagueness

From: Jason Uher
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] "How to Write a Signal Processing Block" vagueness
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:40:00 -0500

Eric (or anyone, really),

I'm trying to follow "How to Write a Signal Processing Block" and I
have a question about getting started.

In the guide, you say "The good news is that we provide boilerplate
that can be used pretty much as-is" and I assume you are referring to
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block-3.0.2.tar.gz

It seems like in the tarball that the autotools have already been run,
because there is no bootstrap file, but there is a configure script,
when I follow the steps like running 'make check' after I do a
./configure everything works fine, but that means that I can't change
the names of the files if I wanted to make a new block because
configure explicitly looks for the 'howto' files.

So I guess my question boils down to ( is there different
'boilerplate' for new blocks ) or ( how do I change the autotools
stuff in the tarball to make it pay attention to my changes?).

Thanks,

  Jason