Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "How to Write a Signal Processing Block" vaguenes

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "How to Write a Signal Processing Block" vagueness
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:41:29 -0500

> Is the rest of the gnuradio stuff there?

No, it is in /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages (OSX install)

If Python finds 'gnuradio' in /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
(which is before /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/  in the path)
and does not find 'my_new_package'; does it not check
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/ since it has already
'found' the gnuradio package?

> Does from gnuradio import gr work?

Yes

> Are you on a 64-bit machine?

No

> Can you send the complete backtrace that you get when you try the import?

I'm not sure how to do that, do you mean this? :
>>> from gnuradio import my_new_package
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: cannot import name my_new_package

>> Lastly, if I do change the new module later, is it sufficient to
>> simply 'make install' again (overwrite), or do I have to make
>> uninstall the old module before I edit it?
>
> Generally make install is suffcient.

Thank you, I'll do that when updating.

Jason