[Discuss-gnuradio] Some noodling

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some noodling
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:00:07 -0400

I want to write a dicke-switched type system for my existing un-calibrated radiometry application (usrp_ra_receiver.py).

Controlling the switching function is no problem.   But processing the samples as they come in has me a bit stumped,
  unless I write a custom-processing block.

So, the input switches at some rate (a few Hz), which means that the samples sometimes represent the "sky", and
 sometimes represent the calibrator.  I can tag the samples so that samples that come in during the time when
  the input is "sky" will be positive, and those that come in during "calibration" will be negative.  But after that, I'm

  not sure what to do.   But perhaps something clever will occur to me or someone on the list.

Also, I need a way of triggering switching at rates faster than 1Hz.  One I idea I had was to create a side-chain
  off of the USRP which uses keep_one_in_n() to reduce the sample rate, and have this terminate in a Python
  function  (is that possible yet, and if so, how?) that ignores the data, but simply uses that as a timing mechanism
  to drive the switching function.

Cheers
Marcus