Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] upgrade the rds code to work on 3.1.2

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] upgrade the rds code to work on 3.1.2
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Dimitris Symeonidis wrote:
>
 > What would you think of creating a page on the gnuradio wiki to put all this information
>  to make it available to others?

I think there is always a need for such things, but the project is being developed so rapidly (which is technically great) in away that forces us to slowdown in thinking of a strategic plane to build wiki documents, tutorials, Howto,...etc.

If you thing this is strange let me give you an example. Before few months, I sent a patch for source 'blks' documentation. This patch was not applied because 'blks'  itself were removed from the trunk after two weeks due to the project developments.

So, I think we should wait for a major release to be finished (may be after applying m-block and inband signalling) to start (as I hope) a massive but organized documentation efforts. In this efforts we are going to need the contribution from all gnuradio users.

The documents that were previously published (the manual and the usrp) was downloaded from more than 1780 users (from my rapidshare account only). If we can have a documentation contribution from only 1% of them then we can add something to this fantastic project.

Best Regards,

Firas