Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New digitizer hardware

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New digitizer hardware
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:59:50 -0400

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Theo Verelst <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw there was talk of usrp2, is that new digitizer hardware, or new
> software for the existing USRP ?

The USRP2 is a second generation version of the original USRP hardware.

> In case it is new, maybe it is a good idea to take two FPGA's aboard
> the machine, such as to be able to do signal processing on one, and
> leave the other preprogrammed when no need to adapt the standard signal
> processing and interfaces.
>
> In fact there are even development boards with built in FPGA with
> significant capacity which could be interesting like this TI one:
>
>   http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/ads5547evm.html

You might also be interested in the Beagle SDR project I am working on
(with others):

http://www.opensdr.com/node/10

I looked at your website and see you have a Spartan board, I am
getting started with one now. Here is a "marketing grade"[1]  photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/address@hidden/2785541252/

Philip

[1] Meaning I haven't actually made any real connections, yet :)