[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 board modifications for MIMO

From: Jason Uher
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 board modifications for MIMO
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:40:14 -0500

Hi,

  I have some questions about my rfx2400 board.  I was having trouble
with some MIMO stuff, so I got pointed in the direction of this note:
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRPClockingNotes and went off to
check to see if my board has had the modifications or not.

After looking at the board I'm fairly sure that it came to me already
in MIMO mode but I'm asking here just to be 100% certain that my
problems are un-related to phase differences.

First of all, my RFX board says 'Rev30' on it, I'm not sure that means
Rev. 30 or Rev. 3.0; so I looked for the resistor pads that the note
says to move.  None of the resistors (from or to) are populated, in
addition X1 and X101 are also not populated.  Finally, the output of
side_and_name() (for side A) already lists the board as an "A: RFX2400
MIMO B".

To me, all of this says that the board came to me with the phase
clocks of the two transmitters aligned for MIMO, is that assumption
correct?

Thanks
Jason