Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RFX2400 Transmit Receive question

From: Stefan Brüns
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RFX2400 Transmit Receive question
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:32:13 +0200

On Friday 29 August 2008 14:41:26 Jason Uher wrote:
> Kaleem,
>
>   There is a response to this thread from Matt Ettus (who designed the
> RFX) that says you can not use them concurrently.
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

do you remember the threads title or an approximate date?

For TDMA schemes, it would be very nice to know the delay of the AD/DA
converters (and filters ...), and easiest would to measure the signal from
the tx port fed back to the same daughterboard via loopback cable to the rx2.
As far as I understand, this is not possible. (All this requires the
timestamps of the inband signaling, of course).

Would using a second daughterboards rx require a MIMO/modified daughterboard,
or is it ok to use two non-MIMO rfx2400 on the same USRP? In my case,
accuracy of about a few samples would be ok, but there might be other cases
which require higher accuracy.

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/