Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RFX2400 Transmit Receive question

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RFX2400 Transmit Receive question
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:31:46 -0700

I'm sorry, I must have been asleep there. You CAN do that, as long as you are transmitting and receiving on widely separated frequencies. You cannot do it on the same frequency.

Matt

Jason Uher wrote:
For TDMA schemes, it would be very nice to know the delay of the AD/DA
converters (and filters ...), and easiest would to measure the signal from
the tx port fed back to the same daughterboard via loopback cable to the rx2.
As far as I understand, this is not possible. (All this requires the
timestamps of the inband signaling, of course).

Would using a second daughterboards rx require a MIMO/modified daughterboard,
or is it ok to use two non-MIMO rfx2400 on the same USRP? In my case,
accuracy of about a few samples would be ok, but there might be other cases
which require higher accuracy.

Stefan,

The post really didn't have anything to do with MIMO, it was more
about whether the RFX cards were full duplex or not,

I see now that Matt sent the reply to me, not to the list, so here is

From: Matt Ettus
Jason Uher wrote:
  Is it possible to simultaneously transmit through 'TX/RX' and receive
   on 'RX2' of a single RFX board?

No.

Matt