Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3rd party software

From: Firas A.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3rd party software
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 00:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Community,

I want to share my 2 cents too,

> George Nychis Wrote:
>
> I agree, svn+trac is the way to go here.  It's what everyone is already
> familiar with, and it works great.

I agree too.

> I was thinking that the SVN structure should be something like:
> /
> /project_name
> /project_name/trunk
> /project_name/tags
> /project_name/branches

I think, since it has not been created yet, careful structure should be
followed. We should seek Eric and Johnathan advices.

> and then everyone has read access to everything, and commit access is
> given to individuals working on > a project, or pretty much anyone who
> wants it.  I just don't think we can leave it anonymous commit.

Ok, but I think the documentation should be leaved to anonymous commit.

> Then, there is a mandatory project summary page for each project.  It
> needs to include basic
> information like the platforms it runs on, the version of GNU Radio
> needed, and any other additional
> dependencies with a brief description of the project.  Probably some
> maintainer information too.

I think we should add project references, snapshots, Bugs, Todo,
documentation, Project voting, License...etc fields too. We should
investigate "SourceForge"  or any other similar web site to import useful
features from it.

Best Regards,

Firas