[Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble Linking to libusrp

From: Paul Creekmore
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble Linking to libusrp
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:17:31 -0400

Hi all,

I'm working in Ubuntu 8.04 writing code in C++ that access the USRP.  I'm trying to link to the usrp library (libusrp) with the -lusrp flag, but g++ spits out the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lusrp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

In /usr/lib/ I find the following associated files:

libusrp.la
libusrp.so.0
libusrp.so.0.0.0

Previously, I had downloaded the gnuradio source code and compiled it to gain access to the library in gnuradio/usrp/host/lib/legacy/.libs, and in that case there's also a libusrp.so file that's absent in the above directory.  I don't have a very deep understanding of shared libraries, but it seems to me that my installation in /usr/lib is missing a file.  Is this an inadvertent omission from the libusrp0c2a package for Debian?

Thanks,
Paul