Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:36:57 -0700

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 03:22:43AM -0400, George Nychis wrote:

> George Nychis wrote:
>

>> Another alternative is it residing in CGRAN for Doug and Dustin to
>> update it to work with the current trunk, and once complete it can be
>> integrated in to the main GR repo by you or whoever.
>
> Side note, how does this work with FSF copyright?  If someone develops
> something outside of the GR repo, and then you want to integrate it.  Do
> you need an FSF copyright from them to pull in their code that is
> already under GPLv3?

Yes.  The license and who holds the copyright are distinct issues.

For inclusion in the gnuradio.org tree we require a copyright
assignment to FSF for all new code and modifications to existing
code.  This policy is based on a desire to ensure that there's only a
single entity on our side of any potential legal challenge to the code.

Eric