Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TunTap device problem in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TunTap device problem in GRC
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:39:09 -0400

Looks like it should. Yet, when I run it in linux, the tun0 network
device gets created without the IP address, but manually running
the same ifconfig command works. At least as far as asigning the
address.

GRC expects to have root access in this case, you may be running grc as user, and ifconfig with sudo.

Looks like we either need an abstraction layer, or something
that converts the OSX semantics to the Linux API.

Can you make a ticket with any osx specific findings? I will do something about this tun/tap for the grc trunk in a few...