Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TunTap device problem in GRC

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TunTap device problem in GRC
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 06:50:35 -0400

Josh Blum wrote:

Looks like it should. Yet, when I run it in linux, the tun0 network
device gets created without the IP address, but manually running
the same ifconfig command works. At least as far as asigning the
address.

GRC expects to have root access in this case, you may be running grc as user, and ifconfig with sudo.

Nope, I'm running it as root.  When I run as a user, I get
an "Operation not permitted" on the ioctl, before GRC even
gets to the ifconfig invocation.

Looks like we either need an abstraction layer, or something
that converts the OSX semantics to the Linux API.

Can you make a ticket with any osx specific findings? I will do something about this tun/tap for the grc trunk in a few...

Will do.