[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Soft-DVB DVB-T transmitter

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Soft-DVB DVB-T transmitter
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:28:33 +0100

Hi Martin,
sorry for the delayed replies but now I've passed my first cluster of PhD tests (went well) and I've got to carry out some work + preparing the second group of tests.

Well, really glad to know that you managed to receive my signals.
Yup dvb-t sticks can actually receive 7 MHz channels everywhere,
Well, actually any DVB-T chipset can but typically manufacturers impose strange limitations on set-top-boxes such as "7 MHz chanels accepted only in VHF" I don't really know why.

The signal I provided you with is suitable for both 7 and 8 MHz channels without any modification needed. The only thing you have to do is to set your sampling frequency a bit higher. this should be possible with USRP2.

In fact: 8 complex Msps implement a 7 MHz channel while 9.142857143 complex Msps implement an 8 MHz channel.
Just try to go as close as possible to such sampling frequency by using USRP2 and let me know what happens... it could turn out that we need a resampler block.

more details will follow as soon as I find some time...

best regards and greetings
to all fellow GNURadioers

vincenzo

PS
Rafael, just have a look back a this thread and you'll find all the info you need to do your test broadcast. Thanks for your interest