Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc and pyhton 2.5

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc and pyhton 2.5
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:58:27 -0500

Yeah, Im here, I did it.

GRC wants python 2.5 (or above I say, but never tested). GRC is littered with things from python2.5 that dont exist in the python2.4, relative imports, some builtin functions, inline evaluation is somehow different.

Rather than become a burden on the configure, you just install grc with whatever python gnuradio gets configured with. If its most systems, python 2.5, it works, if its python 2.4, then nothing is hurt, grc just dont work too well.

doing a configure option to disable grc in the case of python2.4 is not too hard. Making it work with 2.4... thats another thing

-Jsoh