Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about benchmark_tx
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:27:58 -0500

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Newman, Timothy <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The USRP sink is basically the gnuradio device driver for the USRP.
>> Look at the USRP library code to see how it actually sends the raw
>> data.  It accesses the USRP through the USRP device filesystem.  It's
>> not simply just writing something to /dev/usrp..
>
> Whoops I meant USB device system not USRP device system.

libusb sits between the usb file system and the usrp interface library.

Look at usrp_basic.h and usrp_standard.h in:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/host/lib/legacy

for an API you can use to talk to the usrp. There are similar, but
different, files for the usrp2.

Hopefully, some of this answer the original question :)

Philip