Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] non root access to usrp2 on Fedora 10

From: Gregory Maxwell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] non root access to usrp2 on Fedora 10
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:01:56 -0500

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Chris Albertson
<address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> A compromise I've seen is a "hack".  We call it "blindly blasted UDP".
>  You write a special case network stack that only works on a point to
> point Ethernet.  You don't even check for collisions at the Ethernet
> level.

Yes. You use a multicast destination MAC so you do not need to
participate in ARP.

Other than having to store a static packet header, you don't need to
do very much.

Maybe a little code to allow a root owned process to send the proper
destination address over the wire.