Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DTMF, AFSK1200 gnuradio block

From: griff
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DTMF, AFSK1200 gnuradio block
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:07:33 -0500

Hello all:

I am considering if I should create gnuradio blocks to detect DTMF,
AFSK, and other digital transmission modes that I currently detect
using multimon (http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/linux/multimon.html).
I have no USRP yet. I just use the audio from a VHF/UHF amateur radio
attached to my PC sound card.

Since I'm new to gnuradio, I'd appreciate anyone's ideas on what
should be the inputs and outputs of these gnuradio blocks. Also,
does anyone think these blocks might be useful sometime to someone
other than myself?

I have years of professional experience developing softare in C and C++
as part of large projects, but I have no gnuradio experience (yet), except
for writing a simple example gnuradio application in Python and writing
a simple example gnuradio block in C++.

Do these DTMF and AFSK detector blocks seem like they should be gnuradio
'mblocks' instead of gr-blocks? I know little about mblocks.  Can anyone
direct me to mblock documentation?  The doxygen generated documentation
I've found so far seems better suited as a reference for someone who
already  knows gnuradio rather than someone new to gnuradio.

Griff

--
This message was sent on behalf of address@hidden at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/address@hidden/10888126.html