Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No Signal from XCVR2450 using usrp2_fft.py

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No Signal from XCVR2450 using usrp2_fft.py
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:35:55 -0800

Thomas Graf wrote:
Hi Matt,

I have not gotten the xcvr2450 driver ported the USRP2 yet.  As of now
all daughterboards except for the DBSRX and XCVR2450 are supported. Those last 2 will be supported soon.

Because I would really need this working soon I began to port that
myself. So far no success yet. I get it discovered now (db 0x61).
I get the debugging over the UART. Unfortunately I don't find the
schematic of the XCVR2450. Is it somewhere available as PDF?
I'm already reading the Maxim's data sheet.
If "soon" means in the next days i would wait ;)

It will be a little while yet, since there are other things on the list of todos...

I tried to use another SD-Card, but it didn't work. Only with the
original SD-Card is working. Is there some other brand which is known to
be working with the USRP2? I'm just afraid I might destroy the card
always keeping re-flashing the firmware.

Many SD cards require a 3.3V interface and we use 2.5V. The card we supply is known to work, as are most from that company, Patriot. You are unlikely to hurt the card by reflashing it a lot. They are specified for thousands of cycles.

Matt