Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and OS X 10.5.6

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and OS X 10.5.6
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:56:34 -0500

The check for the gtk module is failing, however, a second check for the gtk version is also failing, I need to fix this so its test is run conditionally upon gtk actually existing.

Anway ->

> checking for Python Cheetah templates... no
> checking for Python GTK wrappers... no
> checking for Python XML wrappers... no

this means that the import of these modules has failed. Python cannot find them... Perhaps your python path is not set up properly. Consult the relevant mac os guides.

Maybe someone familiar with mac os will chime in...

-Josh

Einar Thorsrud wrote:
Hi all.

I am trying to install Gnu Radio with OS X Leopard, following the instructions on:
https://radioware.nd.edu/documentation/install-guides/mac-os-x ,
and several others for inspiration.

Most components seem to configure without a problem, but when using
./configure --enable-grc ,
a problem occurs, and the errors are:

checking for xdg-mime... false
checking for Python version 2.5... yes
checking for Python Cheetah templates... no
checking for Python GTK wrappers... no
checking for Python XML wrappers... no
checking for GTK version >= 2.10.0... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gtk
./configure: line 46951: test: =: unary operator expected
no
configure: error: Component grc has errors; stopping.

I have installed the latest gtk2 using port, and all other recomended packages. Is there any other trics that I am missing?