Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 TX Gain

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 TX Gain
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:43:55 -0800

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:09:53AM -0800, Yabo Li wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks. So the USRP2 can not adjust hardware gain, right? But I found
> that the "set_tx_gain" is provided in the lib. Doesn't it work or not?
>
> Yabo

    /*!
     * Set transmitter gain
     */
    bool set_tx_gain(double gain);

    //! return minimum Tx gain
    double tx_gain_min();

    //! return maximum Tx gain
    double tx_gain_max();

    //! return Tx gain db_per_step
    double tx_gain_db_per_step();

It may be possible for a daughterboard to provide transmit gain
adjustment.  IIRC, at this time none of them do.  In any event,
tx_gain_min() and tx_gain_max() will return sensible answers.
If tx_gain_min() and tx_gain_max() return the same value, then
there's only a single valid value that you can pass to set_tx_gain.

Eric