[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC and OS X 10.5.6

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC and OS X 10.5.6
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:41:50 -0500

From: Einar Thorsrud <address@hidden>
Date: December 20, 2008 5:40:02 PM GMT-05:00
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and OS X 10.5.6

checking for xdg-mime... false
checking for Python version 2.5... yes
checking for Python Cheetah templates... no
checking for Python GTK wrappers... no
checking for Python XML wrappers... no
checking for GTK version >= 2.10.0... Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gtk
./configure: line 46951: test: =: unary operator expected
no
configure: error: Component grc has errors; stopping.

I have installed the latest gtk2 using port, and all other recomended packages. Is there any other trics that I am missing?

On top of what is listed on
 https://radioware.nd.edu/documentation/install-guides/mac-os-x
you need to also install (via MacPorts):

 py25-cheetah
 py25-gtk2
 py25-libxml2

If adding in those doesn't work for you, email me off list with the "configure" results & we'll work out whatever other ports you need.

I was working on updating various install guides, but keep getting distracted by other things ... Ah the life of a grad student!

Also, some things to note that are out of date there and elsewhere:

* SDCC 2.8+ works on both Intel- and PPC-OSX. No need for the special install any longer!

* At this time, LIBUSB 1.0 does not have an OSX port; it is for Linux only. You must use 0.1.X (which, luckily, is the version provided by MacPorts).

--> As GNU Radio has a custom written (by me) USB for Darwin implementation (fusb_darwin), which is under GPLv3; and LIBUSB version 1 is in need to such an implementation and is under LGPLv2: Is it a possibility of transferring code from one project to the other?

--> Is the GNU Radio project ("powers that be") thinking of moving to LIBUSB version 1? Clearly it is not yet possible, but if it is desired to do so, then the previous query is of more importance. OTOH, we can keep using version 0.1.X since it clearly works.