Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which Options shall i enable

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which Options shall i enable
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:46:47 -0800

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 05:27:35AM +0100, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i just downloaded and compiled Gnu Radio from Trunk, but
> i am not sure which Option i have to use?
> Or which Option should be useful for Gnu Radio Companion.
>
> I want the use the Gnu Radio Companion to build an FM and AM-Radio..
>
> My System is a Debian Sid 386 System with AMD Athlon CPU.
>
> My last Options were,
> ./configure --enable-gnuradio-core --enable-usrp --enable-usrp2
> --enable-gr-usrp --enable-gr-usrp2 --enable-doxygen --enable-grc
>
> My Gnu Radio has 2 Basic Receivers, 1 LF Receiver and 1 LF Transmitter.
> The Motherboard is an USRP Board.
>
> Regards Markus

If you don't specify any options, it will build all of the parts that
it finds the prerequisites form.  That's the usual approach.

The doxygen docs are only built if explicitly requested, so specify
--enable-doxygen if you want those.  They're off by default because
they take quite a while to build.

Thus, in your case:

 ./configure --enable-doxygen

should get you what you want.  When configure is done, it will print
out lists of which modules will get build and which ones won't.  Check
the list of of what's getting built to ensure that it's got everything
in it that you want.

Your list above looks fine, though unless you've got a USRP2 you don't
need --enable-usrp2 or --enable-gr-usrp2.

Eric