[Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question

From: Earle Frank
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 05:41:16 -0800 (PST)

I have a question about the scheduling of work.

In 'gr_single_threaded_scheduler.cc', I changed the pound-def ENABLE_LOGGING
from 0 to 1.
I did a 'make' and then a 'make install'.
However, when I execute my flow graph, the log file is not generated.

Is this not the file of interest to investigate the work scheduling?

I am also wondering about the condition to set 'making_progress' to true.
Right now it looks for the number of outputs produced to be greater than 0.
Should the condition be: ( ( num_produced > 0 ) OR ( num_consumed > 0 ) ) ?

Imagine a block that has two states of operation. In a SCAN state, the block
does not output anyway, but rather is looking at the input data for some
kind of trigger event. In a EVENT state, the block will have a 1-to-1 input
to output function until it goes back into the SCAN state.
With this kind of block, 'making_progress' will false during the SCAN state.
With the purposed condition, we would make progress.
Is there any reasons that my thinking is wrong??

Thanks in advance,
EF