Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question

From: Earle Frank
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:10:46 -0800 (PST)

Eric Blossom wrote:

> What you're trying to do requires unbounded memory in the worst case.
> Perhaps you should consider another way to organize your computation?

But this isn't happening in my scenario. If necessary, I can add an event
timeout or maximum size event value to prevent this infinite memory
requirement.

Reminder of my scenario:

> In this scenario, an enable signal will exist over a partition boundary,
> say starts at N-10 and ends at N+10.
>
> At the point of hanging:
> Block A has produced N values.
> Block B has consumed N values and produced N values.
> Block C has consumed N values and produced N values.
> Block D has consumed N values and produced N-10 values.
> Block E has consumed N-10 values.

Block D just needs 10 more samples from block C for fully see the event,
which cause the enable signal to be produced. But block C has consumed all
it's inputs to produced as many outputs as possible. So block C just needs
block A to output samples.

The question is, why does block A not produce samples (we have not reached
EOF)?
The input buffer to block B & C are both empty, so shouldn't block A be able
to produce outputs?
Block B still has 10 samples left in it's output buffer. Is that preventing
block B from receiving inputs?

Thanks
EF