Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question

From: Earle Frank
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Help/Question
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:43:40 -0800 (PST)

Eric Blossom wrote:

> The bug is that D should always produce an enable output, 1:1 with the
> input.  If you're not sure of the state at start up time, output a
> reasonable default value.

I guess I would agree with your 1:1 statement if I was using a
gr_sync_block.  And I may not have previously said this, but I am using a
gr_block. My understanding of the gr_block does not need a 1:1 input:output.
Is that incorrect?

My block D can not always produce an enable output.  Block D must see the
complete event occur.  Then the block determines if the event was a valid
event.  This can only be determined after the event is finished.  At that
time if Block D sees a valid event, then the enable signal is output high
for the time matching the event.  Otherwise the block outputs low for that
time.

With this operation of block D, is it not possible to work in the framework
of GNURadio?