Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Listen to Mp3 via FM broadcast

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Listen to Mp3 via FM broadcast
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:18:28 +0000

> I late to reply to your email. I have set the paths according to the
> installation.

I think the real problem was the python2.4 on the first line.  You
have probably installed gnuradio with 2.5.

> However, I still can not listen to any radio signal.
> I just found out that I need TVRX in order for me to receive the FM radio.

You can receive FM radio with BasicRX, and also every plain old radio set.

I now updated my fmradio.py script and tested that it works at least
with BasicTX. I guess this could be done a lot better, I just don't
have time right now. This was originally a one night hack, and it will
remain one for now. The script can be found here:

http://www.mep.fi/viewcvs/fmradio/fmradio.py?revision=1.4&root=cvs&view=markup

I also noticed that debian's sox didn't support mp3 out of the box
anymore, so I compiled my own. Why no support? Politics:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sox/+bug/223783

juha