[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: uses gr.file_sink 32 bit or 64 bit

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: uses gr.file_sink 32 bit or 64 bit
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:35:30 +0200

Markus Feldmann wrote am 2009-03-30 17:54:

You are right, thats also what i am thinking, but to these
samples through a fft, i have to know what is a sample !

Thats the topic of this post.
Thats what i not understand.

What is a sample ?
For example, is this ONE sample ?
   24 +  5i

Yes.

The left is a 32bit I part and the right is the Q part ?

Yes! The I(nphase)-part is the real component of the complex number, the Q(uadrature)-part is the imaginary component of the complex number

If i need more than one line for one sample, how many lines
do i need for the fft ?

One "line" in your output is one complex sample.

You really should read up about complex numbers and FFT, as Brian mentioned. Please do your homework before asking questions. If you do not understand how complex numbers work, you will not find too much people here teaching you such things.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>