RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing benchmark_rx.py for spectrum access

From: Newman, Timothy
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing benchmark_rx.py for spectrum access
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:33:14 -0400

> Ali Siddiqi wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Did the flowgraph of the code (in which you added the timeout)
involved
> > receive_path???
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ali
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Dan Rosenqvist <address@hidden>
wrote:

benchmark_rx.py

We have a project here at Virginia Tech where we modified the benchmark
example to perform spectrum sensing and essentially add a dynamic
spectrum access component to it.  The primary goal was to integrate this
gnuradio script with CROSS, our open source cognitive engine, in order
to have CROSS select the channel based on previous experience.  However,
we also have the option to run it without CROSS and select a channel
randomly if a primary user is detected.  Check out the README for more
info on how to do this.

It's a good basic script for figuring out how to do simple spectrum
sensing(probe)/transmission/reception all in one flowgraph.

The benchmark script needs to be copied into
gnuradio-examples/python/digital/ in order for it to function properly.

Basically if you have 2 nodes running this script they will rendezvous
and start exchanging bits.  If another signal comes into the same
channel they will move to another channel.  The channels are hard coded
in right now.

benchmark_dsa.py script:
https://cornet.wireless.vt.edu/trac/browser/vtcross/trunk/src/cognitive_
engines/DSA_CE/examples/gnuradio-examples

General Info about the cognitive engine:
https://cornet.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/Cross

Tim
Timothy R. Newman, Ph.D.
Wireless @ Virginia Tech