[Discuss-gnuradio] Quick questions on FM limitations

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quick questions on FM limitations
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 05:00:11 -0400

I have the RXTV daughterboard, and a USRP1. I've studied spectrum sense and how it manages to analyze over a range, but to my knowledge it is not real time (it takes time to tune to each area in the range, particularly a large one).

If my goal is to be able to save arbitrary radio signals to file, my current assumption is that I can only do so within the bandwidth (6 MHz, I think?). But is it within the capacity of gnuradio and the equipment I have available to be able to tune to other stations at a frequency fast enough that one could still get enough meaningful samples to have accurate demodulation? (ie if we're currently oversampling by x amount, you could time multiplex (not sure if that's the right way to use this term in this context) to x different center frequencies).

Should be a pretty easy question to answer. As always, thanks.
-Jonathan