[Discuss-gnuradio] Why is set_rx_format not implemented for USRP2?

From: Ulrika Uppman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why is set_rx_format not implemented for USRP2?
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:35:35 +0200

Hi everyone,
I would like to set the data width to 8 bit I and Q (instead of 16 bit) on the
wire when receiving data from the USRP2 to be able to receive a wider frequency
range. I found the set_rx_format() and set_tx_format() functions in usrp2.h but
they aren't implemented. My question is if there are any particular reasons why
this functionality isn't implemented?

I am also assuming that it is possible to set the decimation rate to a value
less than 4 (when the gigabit ethernet isn't the bottleneck and also assuming
the host computer can handle it), is this correct?

Regards,
/Ulrika