Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA - Too many BRAMs during MAP in ISE 11.

From: Alan Zubatch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 FPGA - Too many BRAMs during MAP in ISE 11.1
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:41:10 -0700

> I have never seen that problem before, but I use 10.1.03, not 11.1.  Are
> you just trying to build the SVN release?  Are you able to use 10.l
> instead of 11.1?
>
> The problem looks like it's in the Xilinx FIFO core, so maybe if you
> rebuild it with coregen from 11.1 it will work better.
>
> Please let me know how it goes, since I have been considering an upgrade
> to 11.1 myself.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Matt,

I've managed to come up with 'a' solution which involved forcing 11.1 to
use distributed RAM in a few instances. Jonathan was nice enough to offer
to test my changes before I posted them up as being a useful solution. I
sent him my .bin for testing and am on to my next learning experience.

Thanks,

Alan