[Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a gnuradio module that uses a file as a sour

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a gnuradio module that uses a file as a source?
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 15:49:02 -0400

I can't find one. The _cfile.py files will save samples to a file of my specification, but I am trying to test using said samples, and not succeeding. If it does not exist, I tried this:

        #self.u = usrp.source_c()                    # usrp is data source
        self.u = gr.file_source(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "data.dat", False)

but there are a lot of things that I'm not sure how to manipulate, such as the various rates that are usually drawn off the USRP, but in this case don't necessarily apply because the samples are coming from a file? Maybe they should just be set artificially to sort of trick the computer into thinking that the samples ARe coming from a USRP?

Thanks
-Jonathan