Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2 windows port

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2 windows port
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:50:25 -0700

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 08:49:51PM +0200, Michael Sprauer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 02:08:46 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > I can barely spell "windows", but if you know how to get raw ethernet
> > > frames into and out of user space on windows, you can probably make it
> > > work.  Let me know how it goes.
> >
> > If receiving or sending raw frames is hard on Windows, the USRP2
> > should become much easier to interface when the project switches over
> > to using UDP packets to/from the USRP2.  I think that's scheduled for
> > late fall 2009 or so.
> >
> >       John
>
> So does it make sense to rewrite it for pcap lib?

Your call.  Under Linux, the current system works.
When we move to UDP, it ought to be relatively straight-forward to get
it running well on pretty much any platform.

> I finally managed to compile it with basic functionality. Now I'm trying to
> communicat with the box somehow. More news on this will follow next week.
>
> I had an issue with the gr-usrp2 python stuff. With the std::vector<uint32_t>
> to be more precise. Sometimes uint32_t is an unsigned int and sometimes an
> unsigned long. But I guess unsigned long is the intended type.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the explicit sized typedefs
in stdint.h.  When we ask for a uint32_t we want an unsigned 32-bit
integer.  We don't care what it's called.  We care very much about its
size, since it's part of the specification of the on-the-wire format.

Eric