[Discuss-gnuradio] dbid from usrp2

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbid from usrp2
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:52:13 +0200

Hi list,

I've come across a strange bug: while the usrp correctly returns
dbid() == -1 when no dboard is connected to the side you chose, the
usrp2 returns dbid() == 1 (which is the id of BasicRX) when no dboard
is connected. I've checked that it correctly reports the dbid when
other types of daughterboards are connected.

I suspect that the reason is line 1082 in usrp2/host/lib/usrp2_impl.cc:
dst->dbid = ntohl(src->dbid);
which returns an unsigned long in the host byte order...

As a side note, another strange thing I noticed is that the frequency
range returned is always different (smaller) than the one in the spec
sheet. Why is that?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International