[Discuss-gnuradio] TIMEOUT on OFDM

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TIMEOUT on OFDM
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:31:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am testing OFDM transmission. When I transmit from a file using
benchmark_ofdm_tx.py, I can receive 75% pkt at the receiver side using
banchmark_ofdm_rx.py, and all of them are right. When I stream the input
data to a port via UDP, and let benchmark_ofdm_tx.py get data from this port
and transmit, at the receiver side, I can receive 60% pkt and only 15% are
right; meanwhile there are lots of 'TIMEOUT' at the receiver side.

Can anyone help me on, 1) when transmit from a file, why I can not receive
100% pkt, now I transmit 76 pkts but receive 59 pkts from pktno0 to pktno58,
and lost the rest? 2)If I get the data input from a port rather than from a
file, why I received lots of false pkts and got TIMEOUT at the same time?

Here is the command I used:
sudo ./benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 490M -T A --tx-amplitude 5000 -v -i 64
--fft-length 64 --occupied-tones 52 --cp-length 8 -M 0.2 -s 2000 --from-file
file

sudo ./benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -f 490M -R A -v -d 32 --fft-length 64
--occupied-tones 52 --cp-length 8

Thanks in advance,
Brook