[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP decimation range change while upgrading from gnu

From: Todd Borrowman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP decimation range change while upgrading from gnuradio 3.1.2 to 3.2.2
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:06:06 -0500 (CDT)

I have been using the USRP and gnuradio version 3.1.2 to run the back-end of a
4 channel UHF radio for about a year.  I use the std_4rx_0tx.rbf firmware and
decimate by 250 to give me a 256 kHz bandwidth.  I recently upgraded to
gnuradio version 3.2.2 to begin a similar project.  In this version I can only
decimate up to 128 in the fpga.

Does this mean that the halfband filter is no longer implemented in the
firmware, or that it was never implemented and the decimation done previously
was erroneous (could contain aliased signals)?

Additionally some of the function calls for the usrp, such as nddc() and
nduc(), have been changed, to nddcs() and nducs().  Is there a compatibility
issue from the old usage to the new or was this a stylistic change?

Thank you,
Todd Borrowman