[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP2 continuous transmission at >10MHz

From: hanwen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP2 continuous transmission at >10MHz
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:19:38 +0200

Hi,

We use tx_samples.cc to transmit a file with 16bit-short complex samples at 10MHz and 20MHz. We use another USRP2 to receive the signal and store on disk. We observed there are some unexpected gaps in the received samples. Using usrp2_fft.py with the osiliscope view, we also observed such kind of gaps.
We guess this might be caused by underrun at the transmitter side. We use the delievered ethernet cable, so this shouldn't be the problem of bad cable.
Anyway, how can we transmit samples contineously and stably without underrun at 20MSamples/s??

Thanks in advnced.

Bests,
Hanwen & Christoph