Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP2 continuous transmission at >10

From: Christoph Thein
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP2 continuous transmission at >10MHz
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:03:43 +0200

Hi Matt,

thanks for the advice. We connected the serial port and couldn't observe the
underrun message and we enabled the realtime scheduling but there was no
improvement. Strangely enough after that the program only works without
interrupts  if it is started as su in a shell and if this shell window is put
in the background of the desktop (meaning that another window is the one we
are working in right at that moment).

We are using Ubuntu 9.04 with the latest trunk version of gnuradio but don't
know enough about the OS realtime scheduling issue to explain it. Does anybody
have more knowledge about ubuntu  and realtime to explain this behaviour?

Regards,

Hanwen and Christoph