Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] accessing memory address + file sink problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] accessing memory address + file sink problem
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:49:34 -0700

harshal jadhav wrote:
Hi Eric,
I have a very small problem but I am not able to figure that out. I need to have access to the samples of the signal source so that I can use them for further processing such as picking up 2 samples and mapping them to a complex symbol. But what I understand from the Signal Source code is that it returns a pointer since whenever I try to print the variable containing the signal source it prints a random memory address. Is it possible to access the samples of the signal source. I have a problem regarding file sink too. I cannot understand the extension i need to give while saving the file in the file sink. If i save it as a python file or text file, both occasions it fails to open. Regards,
Harshal

The files are written as binary samples, not ASCII. You have to read them in as binary values. There are a number of programs in the source code, like the gr_plot_* in gr-utils and some Matlab/Octave files in gnuradio-core/src/utils that show you how you can read files in.

There are also a number of messages on the listserv that address this question that you can go back and search for.

Tom