[Discuss-gnuradio] accessing memory address + file sink problem

From: harshal jadhav
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] accessing memory address + file sink problem
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:16:36 -0700

Hi Eric,

 I have a very small problem but I am not able to figure that out. I need to have access to the samples of the signal source so that I can use them for further processing such as picking up 2 samples and mapping them to a complex symbol. But what I understand from the Signal Source code is that it returns a pointer since whenever I try to print the variable containing the signal source it prints a random memory address. Is it possible to access the samples of the signal source.
I have a problem regarding file sink too. I cannot understand the extension i need to give while saving the file in the file sink. If i save it as a python file or text file, both occasions it fails to  open.

Regards,
Harshal