Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM demod Error in GRC

From: udadidd
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM demod Error in GRC
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:12:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Josh
I am trying to implement this qam8_demod()
I did not follow this statement that u have mentioned in one of ur previous
mails "you just have to run a packet receiver on each different phase
orientation of the constellation"

Can u plz explain me the same?
I have an understanding that the demod structure follows the same as that of
dqpsk/d8psk.
This is how i see the constellation of the demod
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26314919/qam8_eye.png qam8_eye.png
I really need to implement this and need some suggestion on this

Thanks a lot
Udaya

Someone has to invent it. Most of the blocks are there in the d8psk
demodulator, you just have to run a packet receiver on each different
phase orientation of the constellation, and pick whichever one gets a
packet. Ugly solution codewise, perhaps that is why no one has
implemented it.

> that there was a 99.9% GRC soultion....do you happen to know about this
> solution and if so, can you share it with me?

I have no idea.

-Josh