Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] carrier signal dropping

From: Charles Irick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] carrier signal dropping
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:32:21 -0500

My apologies,
Distro: Ubuntu 9.04
Kernel: 2.6.28-17-generic
GNU Radio version: I'm pretty sure it's 3.2.2, I'm using the dev trunk
but svn doesn't seem to allow me to update right now.

It is indeed complaining about not being able to enable real-time
scheduling. Since you asked I assumed this was the issue and looked it
up. It turns out even though I set up the USRP2 to run as non-root by
changing the permissions of usrp2_socket_opener, this was the issue.
It seems to work fine as root. I'm guess the tx fifo was emptying
without scheduling? Is there anywhere that I can read up on this
real-time scheduling because I will definitely need to solve some
similar issues in the future.