Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] boost-1.37.0 dependency in 3.2.2 debian packages

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] boost-1.37.0 dependency in 3.2.2 debian packages
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:38:03 -0800

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 04:39, Alexander Chemeris
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Speaking for the whole OpenBTS community - is it possible to release
> 3.2.3 with my patches, enabling runtime FPGA clock frequency setting?
> They're accepted into mainline, but it will take too long to get into next
> stable GnuRadio release and then to distros... Alternatively, they can
> be applied as deb-patches to 3.2.2-1. This will be really, really helpful,
> as many in OpenBTS mailing list complain about long time to build
> GnuRadio and get all its dependencies right. And without those patches
> prebuilt GnuRadio is useless for OpenBTS users.

The next release official release of GNU Radio will be 3.3, not
3.2.x., as the API has changed.  It will indeed take a while for this
to propagate through the Debian and Ubuntu release process.

However, it would be possible (as you mentioned) for Bdale to
cherry-pick the commits needed to implement the clock rate
configuration, and release the patched 3.2.2 into squeeze with this
very minor change.  I'm not sure if he's reading the list at the
moment, but I'll contact him about it.

Johnathan