Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: sending IQ samples of square is resulting wi

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: sending IQ samples of square is resulting with lot of noise.
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:43:38 -0600

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:31 AM, srinivas naga vutukuri
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am sending a +1 to -1 amplitude square wave samples from Tx and when i
> capture on Rx end its not almost a square wave. I have generated the above

I believe this is the maximum output power for the USRP2, and your are
likely seeing distortions from the non-linearity of the circuits
involved.  I'm not sure what the linear range is for your
daughterboards, but try turning it down to +/- 0.3 and see what
happens.

Also, make sure that your decimation/interpolation factors are
correct.  That is, if the DAC and ADC are operating at different
sample rates, you have to adjust your int/dec factors or samples per
symbol accordingly.

Jason