[Discuss-gnuradio] Need info regarding USRP Front End protection/vulnera

From: William L. Bahn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need info regarding USRP Front End protection/vulnerability
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:53:18 -0700

We will be using the USRP in an environment where it will be engaged by an Electronic Attack system capable of putting out about 40MW of EIRP in the form of pulses that are on the order of 4ns (possibly longer) but with very fast rise times on the order of 500ps. Our system will be using just the simple vertical whip antennas sold by Ettus. We are looking at using pretty much all of the Flex series of daughterboards and possibly the XCVR2450 and WBX boards as well.

What I need to determine is what the maximum power is that can be present at the antenna in order to avoid damaging the front end so that we can determine the minimum range to the jammer during the exercise.

Thanks.