Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Viewing timestamps using USRP2

From: Doug Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Viewing timestamps using USRP2
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:58:03 -0500

MarcW wrote:
I am trying to use wireshark to extract the timestamp from the received
ethernet packets to test my sync_every_pps() function is working. I have
located the word I need to extract from the received data but how can I
automatically extract this and display it as an integer in the display
window in wireshark?

Alternatively, is there a better way to view the timestamp information to
check for a reset?
You can either write a custom wireshark plugin to parse the packets (in which case you'll want to consult with a better source of information on wireshark - perhaps their mailing list), simply monitor the word yourself, or you could write a c++ application that talks to libusrp2 directly and prints out the timestamp. I did at one point modify the rx_streaming_samples application that is packaged with gnuradio to do just that. But I've also used wireshark and simply watched for the reset manually.
Doug

--
Douglas Geiger
Code 5545