[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and OS X installation - path problem?

From: Fabrizio Tappero
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and OS X installation - path problem?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:19:12 +0100

Following the link below, in successfully installed GNU radio (with
all its dependencies) on OSX 10.5 using macport (sudo port install
gnuradio).

the indications in here:
https://radioware.nd.edu/documentation/install-guides/mac-os-x/preliminaries#section-3

seem (to me) to indicate the wrong path (at least for my
installation). To have all working I had to change:

if [ ${PYTHON_ROOT} != "/usr/include" ]; then
#export
PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/usr/local/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
 export
PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/opt/local/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
fi

at the end of my .bashrc

Does anybody know why?

cheers
Fabrizio
Ps for whoever is interested in installing GNURadio on OS X ... well
for me it took over 3 hours... in fact the boost lib took 2 hours to
install. But macport (and GNURadio) worked absolutely great ! Just my
experience.