[Discuss-gnuradio] About EEPROM and FX2(68013a) USB interface in USRP

From: Liang Xin 梁昕
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About EEPROM and FX2(68013a) USB interface in USRP
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:02:43 +0800

Hi All

I am developing a board with gnuradio which is like USRP. It is also use FX2LP(CY7C68013a) and AD9862, and I add some surroundings.

I hope that my board can work well with gnuradio, but it seems like it can only support USRP now.  So could you please give me some help, if I want to run gnuradio on my board. How should I do with it?

Now I do some test with my board. ----------------------------------------------

When I plug the board to host and run command :  lsusb
the information list as below:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit

When I plug the USRP it shows
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0xfffe:0x0002

My board is recognized by PC, but VID and PID is different from USRP. What's the problem with it?
It means the driver(s) is not correct? Or I should change something in the source or head file?

PS: I don't configuration EEPROM with CY7C68013a now. Does this cause some issues? Should I leave it blank? If not, what and how should I burn in it?

When I run benchmark_rx.py, it shows "Fail to automatically setup a usrp device".
I think it make sense, because the PC doesn't find USRP anyway.

Thank you guys all!!

Best Regard
Sindy