Re: re[Discuss-gnuradio] configuring with usrp2 src present

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: re[Discuss-gnuradio] configuring with usrp2 src present
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 12:43:27 -0700

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:27, Andy_Long <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have faced the same problem. I try to received the limited samples from
> USRP2 by using "head"block. It should return a -1 and the flow graph will
> stop, am I right?

The flowgraph will not only stop, but will end its lifetime.  Once
run() has returned, the flowgraph is no longer usable, or as we like
to say, further operations on it are "undefined."

In general, starting and stopping an individual flowgraph should occur
at the same level of processing as application startup and shutdown.
Anything else is usually a sign of incorrect design (though not
always.)  The run() method on a top block is really just a convenient
way of telling GNU Radio your application has nothing else to do until
the flowgraph exits.

Can you describe what you are trying to do?

Johnathan